The mission of Hawthorn's advisory program is to ensure each and every student feels supported, is known well and is encouraged to become her best self throughout her years at Hawthorn.
The expected outcomes of the advisory program include:
- Advisees feel supported and connected to one adult.
- Advisees will feel a sense of belonging to a peer group strengthening peer relationships and team-working skills.
- Advisees’ academics will be closely monitored by her advisor and will develop study and organizational skills that will support academic success.
- Advisees will learn to be self-aware, self-directed and self-motivated.
- Advisees will contribute in a positive way to Hawthorn’s culture including opportunities to participate in school decisions, organizing events, celebrations and community service opportunities.
- Have fun!