The Mission of our Advisory Program
The mission of Hawthorn's advisory program is to ensure each and every student feels supported, is known well and is encouraged to become her best self throughout her years at Hawthorn.
Expected Outcomes of the Advisory Program
- Advisees feel supported and connected to one adult.
- Advisees will feel a sense of belonging to a peer group strengthening peer relationships and team-working skills.
- Advisees’ academics will be closely monitored by her advisor and will develop study and organizational skills that will support academic success.
- Advisees will learn to be self-aware, self-directed and self-motivated.
- Advisees will contribute in a positive way to Hawthorn’s culture including opportunities to participate in school decisions, organizing events, celebrations and community service opportunities.
- Have fun!
The Hawthorn Advisory Structure
Advisories are divided into 2 Houses: The Stillman House is named after our Founder, Mary Stillman, and the Wiens House is named after our Founding Principal, Dr. Robyn Wiens.
Our advisories meet daily. 6,7,8 and 9th graders meet from 2:50-3:39. 10th graders meet from 3:16-3:39. Additional time can be used if necessary from 11:50-12:13
On Mondays and Tuesdays, we have academic success and InvestiGirls Tutoring for middle schoolers and 9th grade. In addition, we have Academic Check-In and a school-wide Planner Check.
On Wednesdays and Thursdays, we focus on curriculum days (Respect 360, Soft Skills 101, College/Career, WE Schools (7) and Capstone (8).
On Fridays, we have Sisterhood celebrations.