The Hawthorn Uniform
Please contact the school by calling 314-361-5323 if you are in need of assistance with acquiring your scholar's uniforms.
Hawthorn Leadership School for Girls’ scholars are required to wear school uniforms. Hawthorn requires scholars to wear uniforms in order to create a professional atmosphere and build a strong sense of school identity. The Hawthorn uniform expectations are outlined below. Scholars are required to be in full uniform when they arrive at school and leave school grounds. Scholars are a representation of Hawthorn in their school uniforms, even when they are not on campus. Failure to wear dress uniform will result in consequences. Scholars may not alter their uniforms in any way.
The standard uniform for middle school scholars consists of the following:
- Burgundy or gray polo shirt with the Hawthorn logo (Shirt must be tucked.)
- White oxford shirt with school logo (short or long sleeved) (Shirt must be tucked.)
- Plaid skirt
- Black flat front pants
- Black or brown leather belt if pants are worn
- Black or white socks.
Middle school scholars may also wear the burgundy logo cardigan sweater or a Hawthorn sweatshirt in colder weather. However, the uniform shirt must be worn underneath.
The standard high school uniform consists of the following:
- Black Blazer with the Hawthorn logo
- Gray polo shirt with the Hawthorn logo
- White oxford shirt with school logo (short or long sleeved) (Shirt must be tucked)
- Plaid skirt (gray kilt skirt for those who still own one)
- Black flat front pants
The following items are unacceptable at all times:
- Colored t-shirt or tank top worn under uniform shirt
- Polo shirt without school logo
- Mismatched socks
- Visible undergarments
- Clothing that is frayed, inappropriately altered, baggy or ill-fitting, bearing holes, nonacademic insignias or paraphernalia (e.g. athletic pins, buttons, bobby pins, safety pins etc.)
- Hawthorn spirit wear unless specified by school administration
- Jeans, Leggings or Jeggings
- Sweatpants or athletic pants
- Flip flops, open-toed shoes, sandals, sling back, fashion boots or house slippers
- Capri length leggings with lace, texture, patterns, jewels, sequins or beads
- Hats, bandanas, scarves, hair bonnets
- No visible body art
- Bangle bracelets, large hoop earrings
- Jackets and/or coats inside the building
In addition to the mandatory uniforms, we have several spirit days throughout the year on which students may wear a variety of Hawthorn-issued t-shirts and sweatshirts (which are not a part of the Hawthorn daily uniform).
Please see the student handbook for more details on uniforms.